Become a more effective and confident professional
Given the large number of adults over the age of 50 you are probably already training clients in this demographic. But do you sometimes find yourself wondering if you might break (hurt) an older client? Are you concerned about taking on that really old client who isn’t in very good health because you might just kill them? Do you second guess yourself, wondering if you are providing the most effective training program to help them improve their health and function safely? If you don’t have these kinds of questions then you aren’t being honest with yourself. We all have those same kinds of questions even when we’ve been training for over 15 years. It is necessary because it keeps us diligent and on our toes with an eye towards safety. This course will improve your skill in designing and implementing effective programs and will significantly boost your confidence in taking on even difficult clients.
Grow your demand and potential client base through niche training
Who makes more money, a family practice doctor or a neurosurgeon? Don’t be that trainer who says “I can train anybody”. It’s arrogant and unrealistic. This course will help you become a specialist and expert in a huge and growing “niche” market. I hate to even use the word niche because we are talking about more potential clients that you could ever handle and they are looking for trainers who understand them (physically and otherwise) and can help them.
Apply your specialty and interest areas more effectively
Many specialized training methods can be very advantageous for older clients. But they can also be potentially harmful if their unique needs are not taken into consideration. How do you know when to fully apply the method as it is intended and when to modify or eliminate a particular movement or pose? If you are trained in any of the following methods: Pilates. Yoga. Kettlebell. Crossfit. Martial Arts. Bootcamp. Sandbag. Free weight. Body weight. Then this course will teach you how to use those methods in a safer and more effective manner with your older clients.
Become the local "go-to" expert
By specializing in functional aging you will stand head and shoulders above your competition. The unique knowledge and skill sets that you will acquire through FAI will enable you to speak with expertise on topics of interest to this population and the media. Get booked regularly on local TV and radio segments. Build a large following through your blog. Host seminars and presentations alongside physical therapists, physicians, chiropractors and other healthcare professionals. Create e-books and videos to sell interested clients that live outside of your local area.
Our programs will teach you:
- How to properly assess the functional abilities of older clients
- The effects of the aging process and which aspects are modifiable through exercise
- Functional concepts that are critical to exercise program design
- Functional training strategies and techniques that can be applied in any type of exercise environment
- Functional exercises for a wide variety of older clients
- How to design a safe and effective functional exercise program for low, moderate and high-functioning clients
- Balance-specific assessments and training strategies to improve balance and reduce fall risk
- To better understand the priorities and goals of this population
- How to leverage the use of 1-1, small group and large group settings to improve function, client satisfaction and your bottom line
When you learn how to effectively train mature clients for maximal function and quality of life you will create raving fans that will not only stick with you for years but will tell others who also NEED your skills and expertise.